Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fashionable? or Stylish?

Salamon wears a tasseled cloud collar from the Qing Dynasty over a 1930s Chinese coat with a 1920s straw headband and earrings made of antique ivory-and-bone Chinese game pieces. Photo by Martin Scott Powell, martinscottpowell.com

Do you consider yourself to be Fashionable? or Stylish? or both? Do you recognize a distinction between the two?

I just read this article from Collectors Weekly on the most Stylish and fascinating woman, Tziporah Salamon. Shes a frequent style flyer on the Advanced Style Blog and a fascinating fixture riding around around New York City on her turquoise Bianchi bike.
She told Collector's Weekly "I’m not fashionable at all; I’m stylish. Fashionable is of the moment. Fashionable is the latest Prada, Gucci, or whatever is “in” this minute, and I rarely have what’s in-the-moment. In fact, when I buy new clothes, which I do, the more you can’t tell who it is, the better. I’ll never wear something with someone’s initials or name on it."
This woman is seriously a walking piece of art and SO INSPIRING! She is 63 and truly a style icon! I love how she is so serious about her looks and carefully curates each one as if she is curating a museum exhibition. She mused "I work on the outfits as I go along, and I don’t wear the outfit until it’s totally complete." (Source)
I look forward to an opportunity to chat with her directly about her affinity for fashion and feature her as a Style Maven! She said she has an 80:20 ratio for Vintage/Antique pieces to Current.  I love that the majority of her closet is Vintage, Unique pieces. We have the same philosophy at Evolution Vintage the re-styling of fashion's past!

Do you consider yourself Stylish? or Fashionable?
Explain in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Evolution and revolution shape the way we think, create, and express ourselves. Fashion reflects this journey through timeless yet modern designs. The Leonor Princess of Asturias Spain Visits In Girona 2026 Blazer
    perfectly represents elegance, confidence, and contemporary style, proving that classic fashion continues to evolve with every generation.

    ReplyDelete