Sunday, April 29, 2018

DIY: Paw Patrol PAWty!


I love a good theme party and am so happy that I could share this love with my children, family and friends over the years. As we all know time flies by at lightening speed and my son will turn 7 in 2 weeks! 

When I was thinking about embarking on our 7th year it left me contemplating how far we have come and where we have been.

I want to look back on all of the themed parties that I have thrown and have not shared. First up is Blake's 4th Birthday PAWty that I designed with a Paw Patrol Theme.

WARDROBE

The wardrobe is always as themed as the decor. We each chose a pup and I styled looks for everyone in our family! Each character has their own badge corresponding to their look.


 We also made custom collars for our themed looks (Dog collars $1/ea the tags are DIY)


I DIY'ed a little Badge for Blake's vest and dressed him up in a faux tux top and grey trousers.





FOOD 
I presented 5 dog bone shaped letter cookies along with some PAWty cupcakes to guests.
The cookie cutters come in all sizes. Click to shop

For the paw pup cakes I used mini Oreo cookies for the large bottom pad and chocolate ships for the smaller pads.

 Besides the obvious themed purchased paper plates I also purchased Paw Patrol stickers to decorate the plastic dog bowls I picked up at the dollar store! This takes a dog themed PAWty to the next level very inexpensively. Simple snacks were served, great for little paws!

A symbolic piece of doggie decor is the cupcake stand in the shape of a fire hydrant. Available here.
I used the bone cookie cutters to cut out watermelon bone shapes for my fruit skewers. I serve them at every party that I host. I never serve ice cream but fruit instead. If the kids are going to get the sugar let it be from a natural source. It's also refreshing with cake.

DOGGIE DECOR

Outside I set up play stations for the kids to rotate around and keep busy. I ordered a mesh ball pit and connected the tunnel we had to a themed Paw Patrol tent (note: You literally need several hundred balls for this pit! Start with these - 400 and go from there!). I liked the idea of them crawling through the pit, tunnel and tent like little pups!
 I had a themed Paw Patrol bubble machine! My little guy loves bubbles! Shop it HERE. Be sure to have lots of bubble solution on hand and extra batteries!
 I also set up a water/sand station and jumbo coloring books and crayons set up an an outdoor table!
Part of the doggie decor was the DIY Paw Patrol Badges!
I always enlist the help of my girls to execute my DIY visions!

We hand made all of the characters symbols for party decor.

 And I always create themed, amazing to-go doggie gift bags for our guests!

Blake had a blast turning 4 in such a PUPtacular way! 







No comments:

Post a Comment