Friday, December 28, 2018

Meet The Cast: Betty Lou Who

Betty Lou Who
MUA: Hanna Fisher
Image: Kori Savoie
Wardrobe/Wig/Props: Lisa Graystone

The looks for each character for our shoot were carefully curated. I wanted each character to look like the characters from the film but not exact replica's. My Betty Lou Who character, played by my step-daughter was a great example.


I created her wig from THIS rock'n'roll 80's wig + 2 toilet paper rolls, hot glue and bobby pins. T I trimmed the wig into a Betty Lou Bob and used the excess curly hair to cover the toilet paper rolls to create her unique hair look.

Betty Lou and Martha May DIY wigs


I also DIY her plate/eggnog fascinator. See Details and list of supplies in my Cindy Lou Who Blog


Her costume in the film had a matching red cape and dress to Cindy Lou but I wanted a little more diverse color pallet in my family photo so I opted for a Vintage green cape instead of red and a Black and White Vintage checkered dress.

Dress: 55,000 Dresses (from my collection)
Belt: Evolution Vintage (Stretch Belt - $15)

Vintage Petticoat: 55,000 Dresses (for sale $35)

Vintage Green Cape (From my collection)

Faux Fur Collar with pom pom's (from my collection)

I added the plate to the front of the dress, similar to Betty Lou's 
I used real cookies that I painted and hot glued and a candy stick. I pinned the plate to the dress.

Because Betty Lou loved lights in the film I purchased Vintage light bulb necklaces in bulk. We used them for the shoot and them my family enjoyed them all season long! 

*The Flats also came from my personal collection*

MAKEUP:


Our Makeup artist Hanna Fisher used a latex FX appliance for Betty Lou's Who nose (Buy here), Who long lashes on the corner of her eyes a long with a full set and Holiday makeup complete with a red lip and a painted Rosy nose tip!

She also had a gorgeous set of front Whoville over sized teeth! (Shop)





Betty Lou and Martha May Light Fight


 Betty and Cindy Lou Who
Cindy and Betty Meet the Mayor of Whoville


HAPPY WHO-YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment