Thursday, December 20, 2018

Meet The Cast: Cindy Lou Who

The Grinch and Cindy Lou Who
Hair: Brooklyn Truderung
MUA: Hanna Fisher
Photos: Kori Savoie


The characters of this Christmas classic are all iconic in their own ways. The character of Cindy Lou Who, along with the Grinch are the two main characters of the iconic Dr. Seuss story as well as the live action Universal film.


COSTUME:


I chose to create a hybrid look of Cindy Lou's between her Whobilation outfit and the hair from the end scene.

I purchased a kids velvet Christmas Cape
and pom poms to add to it

 I used a white petticoat that I had in the Evolution Vintage studio and a dress that I had on-hand. My daughter and step daughter "twinned" in these Christmas dresses in 2010. We are re-styling as Cindy Lou's checkered holiday dress that was once her big sisters.


Other Accessories: Red Tights 

*Plate on the front of her dress. I DIY'ed it using similar items listed below for her fascinator. I glues two plates together and pinned the bottom one to the dress with a safety pin.




I DIY'ed the plate/cup fascinators for both her and "Betty Lou Who's" Characters.

What I Used:

*Paper Plates
*Hot Glue
*White Paper (for Snowflake doily)
*Headband
*Plastic Cup
*Winter White Paint (Faux- eggnog in cup)
*Candy cane (Real or Plastic - I used plastic)
*Glitter Paint
*Cookies
*Paint Brushes
*Candies
*Holiday Ribbon



Makeup

The makeup was Grinch-holiday with a Rosy cheek, shiny nose, big plastic denture front teeth and Who-long-lashes. Her hair was similar to Cindy Lou's in the night and end scene.
We used a Styrofoam cup to add height to my daughter's own hair as well as two braids. A quick bang trim and voila!


See the makeup transformation for both Betty Lou and Cindy Lou










MERRY GRINCHMAS!
Merry Grinchmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment