Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Merry Grinchmas and a Happy Who Year!



Merry Grinchmas from our Who's down in Whoville, the tall and the small, sending you warm holiday greetings one and all.

Every year my family shoots a themed holiday card to print and send to family and friends in Canda and across the United States. This is the first year that we have went with a Christmas theme. There is nothing more iconically Christmas than the tale of 'The Grinch That Stole Christmas'. The story was written in 1957 by Dr. Seuss and spawned a cartoon almost a decade later in 1966 with the main character voiced by Boris Karloff. The fantasy Seuss world was expanded into a live action film by Ron Howard, Starring Jim Carey as the Grinch which was released in 2000. I saw it for the first time in 2001 when my cousin brought the DVD over Christmas Day to share with our family. Seventeen years later I have brought this story to life in Christmas Card form starring my family of Whovinille delinquents.


I want to go through the characters one by one in a blog series to follow, sharing the details of their costumes, props, hair and makeup. I always enjoy dreaming about my characters, acquiring and making costumes/accessories, props and building the backdrops and sets depending on the shoot. I hope it will inspire you to bring your own holiday visions or any fantasy you can conceptualize to life! 


 Special gratitude to my team!

Kori Savoie - Photographer 
Hanna Fisher - Makeup Artist
Brooklyn Truderung - Hair + Makeup Assist.
Michela Cagliero - Graphic Designer
Taylor Ramirez - BCBA / Blake's Assistant



Merry Grinchmas
and a
Happy Who Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment