5 Fashion Facts:
* Taylor's first magazine cover was an issue of Seventeen (August 1989) at 14.
* The following year, at 15, she graced the cover of Vogue.
* In 1996 Taylor appeared on the cover of the six major American women's fashion and fitness magazines in the same month: Allure, Vogue, ELLE, Marie Claire, Self, & Shape
* She was the first spokes model under the age of 18 to sign with a major company - Niki was signed to Cover Girl Cosmetics in 1992
* Holds a Guinness book of world records for being the youngest model to sign a 6 figure deal.
I remember and LOVED her cosmo covers shot by Francesco Scavullo,
her work with Gianni Versace and her shout out in the RuPaul track "SuperModel" (Yes, I had the cassette" - Sashay - Shante). Besides being a busy mom Niki takes time to give back to organizations such as Victory Junction a camp that enriches the lives of children with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses as well as the American Red Cross. I had a chance to ask Niki my Style Maven questions;
LISA: Can you describe your personal Style aesthetic AND attitude about fashion?
NIKI: Simply functional and eclectic depending on what day it is and what I am doing but always within those boundries regardless of relaxed or formal.
LISA: What are the key components / pieces in your closet?
NIKI: Jeans definitely, Sue London flats, a great pair of boots, flowey blouses, men’s t-shirts, Chanel jacket & Lauren Hutton suit.
LISA: How do you feel about Vintage Clothing and Accessories?
NIKI: Since I have small children again I don’t wear as much accessories but do love them. So great to go hunt for those amazing vintage pieces for your wardrobe. I personally love to do it and enjoy wearing them.
LISA: What are your favorite Vintage pieces (Clothing and/or Accessories)? Do you only wear designer vintage?
NIKI: Love vintage, cool blouses, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s shirts & jackets and Chanel Cardigans.
LISA: What are you wearing this Fall/Winter? Tell our readers the key elements for your F/W 2012 wardrobe
NIKI: Lots of cardigans and scarfs this year. Main focus is grey, black and pops of color and of course a great pair of jeans.
LISA: If you could give women 1 piece of STYLE advice, what would it be?
NIKI: Don’t put so much thought into it and make sure you are comfortable before you leave the house. Also don’t worry about what other people think about what you are wearing.
CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE!
EVOLUTION VINTAGE PICKS FOR NIKI: