Monday, July 17, 2017

GOT Dinner For Two


GOT had to be the most used hashtag and/or acronym last night on social media. The highly anticipated  7th season of HBO's Game Of Thrones premiered to an astounding viewership record for HBO of 16.1 million according to entertainment weekly. 

My husband and I are fans of the show. You may remember our Game of Thrones themes Christmas Card. Read The Blog Here.

I created a GOT themed dinner for my husband and I, fit for a lord and his lady.

MENU

Riverrunn: House Tully Fish Taco's
Chips and Sansa
The Wall of Cheese Plate
Baked BriENNE of Tarth served with green apples
Castle Black Forest Cake
Red Wedding Velvet Cake


 This was the first time I made fish taco's at home. I made the chipotle sauce from scratch using the following easy recipe

1 cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp of honey
Juice of 1 lime
Pinch of salt
2 canned chipotle chilies in adoobo

The tacos were small flour tortilla's, cod, shaved cabbage and home made Pico de Gallo.

I printed House Tully and House Lannister flags and attached them to the large skewers I use for my chocolate candied apples. 






This was one of the best Cab's I've ever had, well worth the price point of almost $50 USD. They have a lower priced red blend and a chardonnay for $20 (also available in Canada)




I loved themed dinners and parties. Did you host or create a themed Game of Thrones dinner.
 Leave info and links in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment