Saturday, January 22, 2011

Feathered Fashion

One of my obsessions is peacock feathers; their colors and patterns used in fashion -in textiles & prints, jewellery and peacock-esque accessories.

I have recently found one of my favorite pieces. It is a peacock feathered bib necklace that has 14 feathers or "eyes" and is feather fabulous. Where did I unearth this amazing piece? Forever 21 ladies! Your's for a mere $11. It appears to be sold out on their web site but check your local Forever 21 location.



Pregnancy Plumage & Prints:

Gwen

FOREVER 21

My plumage passion goes from $6.00 earrings



to this amazing, over the top piece of art work like this:



The $1.5 million Peacock dress unveiled at the wedding expo held in Nanjing, capital of east China’s Jiangsu Province. The wedding dress decorated with 2,009 pieces of peacock feathers took eight handicraftsmen two months to finish.

Or Miley Cyrus in her music video for “Can’t Be Tamed,” wears a corset dress made of peacock feathers and approx. 2,400 tiny metal pieces yours for only $25,000!




Some of my other fav peacock pieces:



House of Harlow, 1960 - Gold Plated Peacock Cuff @ $180




SJP in a sequin peacock print dress.



PRADA - 2008



Alexander McQueen Runway



Same McQueen dress in VOGUE (Sarah Jessica Parker & Chris Noth)



Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman (in a Marchesa Gown)



Eva Longoria



Manish Arora Fall 2009 - Runway



Same dress on Katy Perry

Holly Madison @ Hugh Hefner's 80th Birthday in a Peacock Corset

Kendra, Bridget, Hugh Hefner & Holly (Wearing a peacock corset & panties)
Hef's 80th Birthday.



Katy Perry in Matthew Williamson for H&M





Evolution Vintage - pleated peacock print top



Vintage top worn by 'Jess'




DID YOU KNOW? The term "peacock" is commonly used to refer to birds of both sexes. Technically, only males are peacocks. Females are peahens, and together, they are called peafowl.



Get out there ladies and STRUT YOUR STUFF!!





26 comments:

  1. Absolutely in LOVE with these trends, great blog, great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been hunting some Enid Collins bags just like the peacock one shown for some time! AWESOME FIND!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking it out! I have always been a feather girl! Now that I know what you are looking for I will keep my eyes open for you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just now realized I had not commented on this post yet!! Yet I have come back and re-read and referred to these amazing pics a few times. I AM IN LOVE with feathers right now! I hope this trend continues into prints, jewelry, accessories even hair and makeup! I just found an amazing vintage poly jersey dress in a subtle peacock print ;-) I'll be listing soon in my store, if I don't stuff it away in my closet first! LOL! LOVE IT!
    Brande
    http://victoryvintageb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. why is she wearing a turban?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turban? No one is wearing a turban in this post ... and if they were it's because turbans are Retro-CHIC ;) xo

    ReplyDelete