Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Mock the Crop


Fashion is all about innovation, changing what has came before and creating what we have never seen. It is almost summer but we are still getting wet, foggy, mornings here on the coast of California.

This dress is perfect for such a morning and all seasons beyond. It is a soft stretch fabric from the 1980's and in a Mock Crop Layered silhouette. I had a hard time describing this piece. The top is over sized and boxy, with a front pocket and long sleeves over a fitted under layer that is attached to the skirt. The dress also has pockets which is a major selling point for me. When I was trying to describe it I recalled the CHANEL 2014 S/S Haute Couture collection showing similar silhouette.


I wonder what Karl called it?


I call it Unique and Fabulous! Don't be afraid to Mock the Crop ladies! You could take a page out of Karl Lagerfeld's book and style the Vintage Grey dress with sneakers.


Get the details on the Evolution Vintage offering HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment