Monday, May 20, 2019

DRESStory: The History Of A Dress


In my many years of buying and selling Vintage clothing I rarely get the full history of a dress that I acquire. I love fashions past for its design details, unique fabrics and sustainability. I am always left wondering about the story behind each dress.

I recently got an email from a lady who had read my post about Designer Emma Domb back in 2012 (which upon recent review could use an update).

She was wanting to part with her prom dress from 1958 and asked if I wanted to acquire it. I am drowning in dresses due to my partnership with Paul Brockmann of the 55,000 Dress Collection and couldn't imaging assuming one more piece of inventory .... until I heard this DRESStory.

The dress was gifted to her on a game show in 1958, "It Could Be You". She was told the dress was created "just for her". She wore it to her prom the same year with her high school sweetheart.


They were married for 54 years. She lost him in 2016 and now it is time for her gorgeous prom dress to have a new life. She was the original owner and the dress was worn once.


The dress has been professionally dry cleaned and is ready to start it's new life! Prom? Cocktail Party? Dinner? Wedding? Dapper Day? Just Because?


 Shown without a petticoat





DRESS DETAILS

Vintage Designer 1950's Emma Domb Pink prom/party dress. This beauty was acquired from it's original owner who wore it once to prom in 1958 with her high school sweetheart (that she subsequently married). The dress was gifted to her on a televised game show "It Could Be You". Now it is your turn to give this dress a new life.


The baby pink chiffon is perfection. The waist has 2 other colors of pink with front bow details. Strapless silhouette with boning in the bodice. Metal zipper and layers of chiffon and tulle in the skirt. The images show the skirt with and without a petticoat.



B = 34"

W = 26"

H = open



Dry Cleaned
Priority Shipping is complimentary in the USA

$250

No comments:

Post a Comment