Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Style Maven Series: Louise Roe


Louise Roe is a fashion journalist, the Host of the new CW makeover show "Plain Jane" as well as a television presenter (working with E!, BBC, Style Network and multiple other media outlets) AND a stylist. She is a Style Maven both personally and professionally.




Born in the UK Louise is now based out of Los Angeles. She graduated from Durham University with a degree in English Literature. Her first job in the fashion industry was with Elle magazine.


I have chosen Louise as a style maven as I applaud both her creative style and her diversity in fashion media (print, television, and internet). She lends an interesting perspective to the fashion world on both sides of the pond. Louise ALWAYS makes an accessory statement to me and a LOUD AND CLEAR fashion statement with the bold colors, unique shapes and prints. She always has a great bag or clutch, to-die-for shoes and a unique hat / hair band statement. Her styling combinations are endless, I can't wait to see what she will style next.

I had the fabulous opportunity to ask Louise our 5 Style Maven Questions:


LISAG: Can you describe your personal Style aesthetic AND attitude
about fashion?

LOUISE: I love a very 1970's look, relaxed, full of colour and
the odd flared trouser. I believe fashion should be experimental,
aspirational but attainable and above all else: fun.

LISAG: What are the key components / pieces in your closet?

LOUISE: Shoes! That's the centrepiece for all of my outfits. A killer heel.

LISAG: How do you feel about Vintage Clothing and Accessories?

LOUISE: I love mixing pieces into my wardrobe. because fit is so tricky with old clothes (women were very different proportions in the 50's and 60's) I guess most of my vintage pieces are clutches, cocktail rings and hats.


LISAG: What are your favorite Vintage pieces (Clothing and/or
Accessories)? Do you only wear designer vintage?

LOUISE: As above, and nope, I honestly couldn't care less what the label says. if I like it, I'll buy it.

LISAG: What are you wearing this fall? Tell our readers the key
elements for your Fall/Winter wardrobe.

LOUISE: lots of gold, layering, and definitely a pair of high-wasited trousers, Katherine Hepburn style. Tailoring is a huge part of Fall - a sexy, adrogynous look.


*CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE*






Visit Louise on-line


FOLLOW LOUISE ON TWITTER



EVOLUTION VINTAGE PICKS FOR LOUISE:

VINTAGE Whiting and Davis Gold Metal Mesh CLUTCH

VINTAGE red purse/clutch w gold front detail


VINTAGE Stuart Weitzman Pumps (Circa 1975)

No comments:

Post a Comment