Friday, December 17, 2010

My Mamma's "DREAM BARS"

Tis the season to over indulge. I this spirit and mind set I felt compelled to share my Mamma's recipe for her "Dream Bars". They are an amazing mix of sweet and salty and perfect for any holiday gathering or Christmas goodie basket. It is simple to make solo or with the kids.



What you need:

1/2 cup (125ml) BUTTER

1 1/2 cups (375ml) Graham wafer crumbs

1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk

1 cup (250 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 1/4 cups (300ml) flaked coconut

1 cup (250ml) chopped nuts. You can use mixed nuts or just your fav's like cashews. I use the MIX


What to do:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180C)

In a 13X9 inch (3.5L) baking pan melt the butter in oven (or microwave it then pour into the pan)

Pour butter into the pan.

Sprinkle gram wafer crumbs over the butter, mix together and press flat into pan.

Pour Eagle Brand milk evenly over crumbs (it's super thick and takes a few minutes to get it all covered)

Bake 25-30mins or until lightly browned.

Cool well before cutting into squares.

Store loosely covered at room temp. or in the fridge. It also FREEZES well so you can make it now, eat it later!

I just literally baked it. It is stil lcooling so I could not cut it yet to show the squares! AMAZING. One of my favorite holiday treats!!

2 comments:

  1. It is SOO GOOD and easy!! Give it a try and let me know how much you LOVE it XOXOX Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete