Thursday, January 10, 2013

Kiss Curl: Contemporary Chic

1925
I'm currently in the middle of my New Year closet purge and organization. I am ready for new looks, a fresh way to re-style what is left and make new additions. The overhaul also goes for my hair. I'm contemplating a new look but making the best at creating diversity with the one I have now.
On New Years eve, along with my amazing Vintage velvet/feathered hat I went with a soft curled look with hot rollers off to one side and on the opposite side a "kiss curl". Like always I did a contemporary/vintage fusion look in both hair and dress. I mixed contemporary pieces like a black pencil skirt, Alternative Apparel Cobalt Burn out t-shirt, black blazer, Patricia Field fingerless gloves with the retro hat and vintage blue rhinestone necklace.
By definition a kiss curl is "A spiral curl plastered to the forehead or cheek"
The Kiss Curl for me combines Vintage glamour, retro-romance with a dash of contemporary chic-ness. There have been many variations of this look over time ...
1930's
Marlene Dietrich 1935
Louise Brooks
1960's
Kate Moss for John Galliano c. 1995

Will you rock a CHIC CURL in 2013?

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic website you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any forums that cover the
    same topics talked about here? I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get advice from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Bless you!

    Here is my webpage :: http://brinks-home-security-system.com

    ReplyDelete