Monday, April 30, 2018

KACHOW: Disney Car's Party!

I printed 2 card driving masks, put Blake's face inside, laminated and added a ribbon as they are in a similar shape as a balloon! They  and paired it with a Cars themed Happy Birthday banner as a great backdrop to the table!

After yesterday's Paw Patrol PAWty Post in celebration of my son's 4th birthday, today I wanted to share the DIY details of his high octane, Disney CARS themed 5th birthday party! 

It all starts with a custom created Invitation!



WARDROBE 

Being a wardrobe stylist by day and a frustrated costumer by night wardrobe is always my first consideration when I select a them for a party. My kids birthday parties are certainly no exception. All of the grown up guests (close friends and family) were asked to wear black and white. As the announcer of the race track I converted a child's prop headset into a wearable one for an adult, paired it with pearls, a red lip and a vintage inspired black and white checkered flag dress! I even used a Lightening McQueen decal and created a belt for my look!




 The Birthday Boy was decked out in a Lightening McQueen Pit Crew Jumpsuit! his sisters of course in the themed black and white.


FOOD

As with every other aspect of the party I always try and serve food as themed as possible!
Crispy "Cone" Chips

I created Veggie "cars" to serve as edible containers for displaying fresh veggies. I also used Blake's actual CARS as part of my counterscape (like a tablescape but better and more practical for a 5 year old birthday!)

 The little Guido character has a stack of cucumbers in place of tires like he does in the film. I paired this plating with some Race Track popcorn! 

My son if Gluten Free and I plated GF brownies in the shape of a 5 and had Tow Mater, with licorice towing part of the 5 off the  plate.




I served Apple Juice in a juice dispenser as Fillmore's Organic Fuel ... it has the color of Gas/fuel and is perfect for a Cars party!


DECOR
With the decor I got to creatively utilize toys as photo props and set them out to play for the party.

I love a themed photo backdrop so I created a "winners corner" for guest big and small to enjoy.



I reused the ball put and tunnel from the previous party and brought out his car and Cars Mat with all of the dye cast cars that were not part of the counterscape with the food inside.


This blinking traffic light was a perfect edition to our cars party. Shop it HERE. It would also be amazing in a Cars themed room or man cave!

A giant box of checkered flags were in order for decor and some went home in the gift bags!

The Cars mat was a sweet prop tht the kids could crawl and play on. A rug replica of Radiator Springs!

As part of my drink table I re-created oil and fuel cans from the film by cleaning and wrapping various cans/jars from around the house. I printed the logs and did a quick DIY prop.


I converted Blake's outdoor playhouse into our version of the Cozy Cone Motel by using real car cones and a laminated sign from the fictional hotel. The kids loved paying inside.

GUEST GIFTS
I carefully curate guest gift bags at all of my themed parties, usually stuffed full of themed items, minimal or no candy but items the guest can use.

This party I create custom place mats for each of the kids attending, Vanity California licence plates dates May 2016, Custom California Drivers Licences, Disney Cars Spoon/Fork set, themed Cars tissues and a checkered flag.





Turning 5 at the Racetrack was a real gas! Tomorrow I will share the details of his 6th Birthday ... another mode of transportation. 

KACHOW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment