Saturday, December 29, 2018

Meet The Cast: The Mayor Of Whoville

Mayor's Wardrobe/Props: Lisa Graystone
MUA: Hanna Fisher
Hair: Brooklyn Truderung
Photo: Kori Savoie

The Mayor of  Whoville, also known as Agustus May Who, had a few wardrobe changes in the film. I chose to combine his two major looks into the look for my Mayor. My step son took up the roll and did great as the Mayor.



Vintage Vest: Castaways Thrift Store
Christmas Tie
Vintage Red Brooch Pin  - Evolution Vintage ($28)
White Dress Shirt (My own)


Vintage 1960's Red Velvet Coat + White Scarf from my collection


Sash was made from red velvet stretch fabric, draped and pinned to the shirt and vest.

I used an array of Vintage brooches, all available for sale via Evolution Vintage

I pinned the brooches through the sash into the vest so all would stay in place during the shoot.

I used different ribbons, Christmas and grosgrain with a variety of colors and textures that were cohesive to my color pallet.


The Mayor's head-to-toe look!


His final accessory was Men's grey dress gloves, available HERE.

I created the Book of Who prop for our Mayor also using a custom made front and back cover with spine over a Vintage book of a similar size/thickness to the movie prop.



MAKEUP/HAIR:




Once again Hanna Fisher used a latex FX appliance for the mayors nose, painting it to match his skin tone and to give the effect of cold weather (shop it HERE). We used dentures for the front teeth (Shop) as well as full Who-Style lashes. His hair was colored grey after curling it with Loreal Colorista Spray



The Mayor with Cindy Lou and Betty Lou Who

He and the Grinch have a complicated relationship!

 The Mayor with his side-kick Whobris


HAPPY WHO-YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment