Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Free Yourself: FORGIVE

Forgiveness is such an interesting concept.  We ALL carry things around from out past and present that are both big and small that we have unresolved.  I have always felt that the first step to resolution is FORGIVENESS.  Much easier said than done.  Some people's actions and/or words certainly do not deserve it,  but YOU do. Forget about things in life being fair, just or right. Often times they are none of these, circumstances that are beyond your control such as other peoples behavior sometimes don't fall under any of those categories. You can only control your reaction to them. My husband is on such a great path being able to apply forgiveness to the terrible things and people in his past and present. Not personally forgiving the people who have hurt him or treated himself unfairly,  but applying forgiveness in his own mind  to release himself. I am not the master that he is but I am on a good path toward taking my personal power back in this regard. I have a mind like a steel trap and FORGET NOTHING; but I'm attempting to perfect the quiet act of forgiveness for myself.

I just read this great quote today by Author and Inspirational Speaker Louise L. Hay; "Forgiving someone does not mean you condone their behavior. The act of forgiveness takes place in your own mind. It really has nothing to do with the other person. The reality of true forgiveness lies in setting ourselves free from holding on to the pain. It is simply an act of releasing yourself from the negative energy."

Can you think of items in your life that you can apply forgiveness too and let go?  No need to alert the person or people who have hurt you. Just do it for yourself.  I think you are worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Lisa I am actually on the same path as your husband...and it is never easy when you begin. The benefits are worth every effort of forgiveness as your freedom from pain and the lightness you begin to experience is overwhelmingly joyful:0) Funny, this is the same quote I used on Facebook today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on and have been on this path for what seems like my WHOLE life now and I truly ENJOY Louise and have all of (well most) books. 'You can heal your life'... :-/ that was a great one. In a lot of ways I (and it's strange) see a lot of similarities between you an I, although through subtle things... I need to now pass this on to someone who needs to {not} only read, but to comprehend. I love reading stuff like this. I needed it. Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing ladies!!! I am happy to be on this path now too. As with anything in life, the most challenging items seem to reap the most rewards. Day at a time for me. Thank you both for reading and sharing my blog XOXO

    ReplyDelete