Friday, October 4, 2013

Flashback Friday: 90210 Who Wore It Better?

I remember as a teen watching the 90210 episode when it was time for the Spring Dance. It went down every week in my parents basement with all of my girlfriends (we used to gather to watch the show together). That 1993 TV moment where Brenda and Kelly chose the same dress! GASP! A fashion moment that no one wants to have, seeing someone else in the exact look you have, especially in high school.
This is one of the many reasons I adore vintage clothing. It is RARE you come across the same piece and even more unlikely that you and another would be wearing it at the same event! Fashion for me is all about unique self expression, a difficult task while surrounded with mass market clones. There is a lot to say about styling looks that lends a unique perspective. I have to say I love the pearl and opera glove combo in this case.
This is the first iconic TV case of who wore it better and/or Bitch Stole My Look!

InStyle Magazine named this dress one of the most iconic 'prom dresses' of all time

Were you in love with that dress?

It is by far the closest match that I have ever seen and it's authentically 90's as well.
Price: $90
Condition: Fabulous
Size: Approx Size 8 (See measurements in listing for correct fit)

Would you wear this dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment