Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wear It Wednesday: Good Girls Studio

I have created this blog to share with you, dear reader all of the fabulous things I encounter on this life journey. My random musings, thoughts, opinions and feature artists that I am personally inspired by.  The intention is to empower and inspire women to meet their full potentials, whatever that may be. Let the artist from Good Girls Studio inspire you today.  I am all about pushing the boundaries of fashion and personal style and this girl is creating statement pieces that do just that! The best part of her designs is that she is Re-Styling fashion's past by using vintage elements, random hardware, contemporary chains and findings to create one-of-a-kind pieces that will appeal to a wide range of stylish women. You can find an assortment of necklaces, bracelets, earrings, key chains, rings, men's stuff and a wedding collection. The designer creates all of her re-vamped goodies from Raleigh, North Carolina.  How did we connect? besides Fashion Fate, she found me on Instagram and I have a habit of looking at instagrammers profiles who like or comment on my images and I have never stopped looking. I was immediately inspired by her designs and her creative eye.
Designer - Johanna Ely

What appeals to me is the mixing of materials, textures and eras. I love her use of vintage jewelry, watches and keys. The mix of materials like random hardware, bullets and other pieces are a nice departure from the generic, "trendy" pieces on the market now. The unique, one-of-a-kind, hand made aspect is also always appealing. To uniquely express yourself through fashion you need to trust your instinct, ignore the outside world and wear what you LOVE. I think Good Girls has something for everyone.

A few of my FAV pieces:


I had a chat with designer Johanna Ely recently about her desire to design and unlock hidden treasures.

LG: Where did your love for Jewelry come from? why did you choose to re-purpose fashions past?

JE: I have loved jewelry & playing dress up since I was little kiddo. My mom & grandmother both had a ton of fun costume jewelry! When my grandmother passed away she left us a treasure chest full of jewelry. We didn't want it to just sit around in a jewelry box so my mom suggested I try and remake it into something else as I was already making jewelry at the time. That project turned into an obsession with vintage jewelry which turned into the launching my Good Girls line of jewelry.

LG: Who/What Inspires you?

JE: Historical costume has always been inspiring to me. I'm fairly certain I was born in the wrong century. Trolling through the flea markets and antique stores gets my creative juices flowing. I can spot an antique brooch and my mind starts going. By the time I'm paying for it I already know what I want to turn it into!

LG: Your FAV piece of jewelry? and why?

JE: Right now I am head over heels in love with statement necklaces!! This one in particular makes my heart flutter when I put it on. I really don't want to part with it but you may see it up for sale in the shop soon. It's called Gold Rush and vintage ingredients are tons of gold tone and brass intricate chains and the most amazing antique gold mesh collar. 

Connect with Good Girl:

Evolution Revolution readers can enjoy an EXCLUSIVE 25% off ANY item
Use Code: EvolutionVintage

What's your FAV piece? Share in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment