Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Carol's Christmas Cookies: Whipped Shortbread

Christmas has the BEST recipes for sweet treats, or as my chef friends calls it "Sweet Shit". My mother always has put on a spread for Christmas of treats that are AMAZING! I love using her recipes each season, like THIS 'Dream Bar' Recipe.

One of my all time favourites are her Whipped Shortbread Cookies. They are easy to make and the literally melt in your mouth.

What you need:
1lb of butter
1/2 cup of cornstarch
1 cup icing sugar
3 cups flour (all-purpose)
*Candies is you want to decorate them - We garnished our with Canadian Smarties this year.


How To:
*Beat with electric mix master until the mixture is the consistency of whipping cream. 
*Remove mixture from the bowl using a tea spoon and place each cookie on the cookie sheet.
*Bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Add decorations before baking!
*Let cool and ENJOY! 
My mom and nephew baked ours this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment