Monday, December 16, 2019

OZ: The Scarecrow



The fun loving, bumbling scarecrow was a joy to create. His costume was a lot easier to curate/style than Glinda's. I repurposed and reused elements and incorporated some new pieces into the look as well.

Costume:

I used a costume shirt that was once used for a jester. Removed the ruff/neck and the rick rack from the cuffs.

back

front

 I hot glued straw/dried leaves from the corn stock's I purchased from Jack Creek Farm's for the set and the bail of straw I borrowed from Pets and More in Cambria. I trimmed out the cuffs and cut a hole in the front of the shirt and glued it.



For the scarecrows hood I purchased an empty sandbag from the local hardware store for .99 and cut the face hole out of it.


The overalls I used were acquired second hand and damaged and over sized for my step-son which was perfect for the look. They were a neutral plaid wool. I loved the play on textured wool, the sheen of the green top and the textured burlap sandbag. I used a raffia strand to create a collar.




The black felt hat came from an inexpensive Scarecrow kit along with the strands of raffia. His gloves are basic gardening gloves in a neutral tone. The crow props I grabbed out of a Halloween decor display in October. I found some rope in a second hand bin and used it for the belt and to tie the cuffs as well.








Makeup:

The makeup for the scarecrow was a simple mix of neutral face paints, shadows and lip color.


Makeup Time-Lapse









No comments:

Post a Comment