Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Courtney Bingham: Creatively Crafty


I am always on the hunt for tips and ideas to feed my naturally creative nature. I am totally enamored with women who juggle multiple creative ventures and business. I recently came across one budding business woman in Courtney Bingham! She is a creative DIYstress and designer in the swimwear industry. I know with my over crammed schedule I need to reach out for a fabulous one-stop-shop for creative tips and tricks and she is building her brand to help busy women like me. She also helps women take their beach look from the sand to the sidewalk with her line Cover-ups. They also do double-duty; you can cover or you can actually SWIM in them if you decided not to bare all on the beach.

Nikki Shoots Courtney's Fab Cover Up's


She is currently building her brand via her Website 
And a Video Series on her You Tube Channel

My FAV Video: How do create a chic bulletin board


I caught up with Courtney while she is travelling around the country with her rocker boyfriend, Bassist Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe (they are currently on TOUR with KISS)



LG: Where does your love for DIY come from? 

CB: Ever since I was a little girl I always loved doing arts and crafts. As I got older and moved out on my own and got my first apartment I didn't have a lot of furniture, curtains, pillows, etc. I couldn't afford to buy all of the things I wanted so I experimented and taught myself how to make things on my budget. Now when you go into my house everywhere you look you will see something I have made or covered in fabric from ottomans to lampshades. 

LG: What is your FAV DIY project(s) right now? 

CB: Experimenting with floral arrangements! Along my travels I love taking pictures of gorgeous over the top expensive flower arrangements, whether in hotels or restaurants. When I get home I try to recreate them for a fraction of the cost utilizing my local wholesale flower mart and then blog about them. I also love thinking up cool ways to make vases or boxes and pots to put the flowers in. 


LG: Are you starting a DIY Vlog (Video Blog)? or Video Series? How can my readers find all your amazing crafts & tips? 

CB: Right now I have just started posting how to tutorials on youtube, Courtney Bingham is the channel. I am trying to put up a new video once a week. I am currently in development for my own tv show, "The How 2 Girl" a 30 minute lesson on how to get the look you want for less.

LG: When and why did you start designing the cover up's

CB: I started making my own when I was 17. I brought a Brazilian bikini and I knew my mother wouldn't let me wear it so I sewed a cover-up out of swimwear material to try and hide it from her. I had to return the bikini to the store but I was left with a cute cover-up, I made more for myself but always knew I wanted to have my own line. I designed this new line in February 2012 and launched it online in July. 


LG: Who is the "Cover up's by Courtney" woman? 

CB: The Cover Up's by Courtney woman wants to feel comfortable and sexy at the same time. She loves going to the beach and the pool and is wants to feel confident. She is chic. She likes leaving things to the imagination. She buys staples for her wardrobe and is a trendsetter not a follower. She likes to stand out in a crowd. 


LG: If you had one piece of style advice as it pertains to beach gear (swimsuits & cover-ups) what would it be? 

CB: Accentuate what you've got. No one has "the perfect body" there is no such thing. Work with what you have, purchase a swimsuit that is the right cut and fit for your body type. For example, I love triangle bikini tops but they are not that flattering on me, so I always stick with bandeau tops. As for my bottoms, I am working on getting a fuller booty so I cheat and look for the cuts that accentuate it instead of making it look flat.




There is still time to ROCK a chic Cover Up by Courtney this summer, Use this EXCLUSIVE CODE: EV9002 and SAVE 15% through AUG 5th!

I don't know about you but I am excited to see what she will bring to the table AND to the beach next!

Connect with Courtney


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love it! Thanks Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure Courtney!! Excited to see where your creative ventures take you xox

    ReplyDelete