Friday, March 22, 2013

Kashmir Kouture

Today's inspiration can be found in the sexy sands of the middle east. I forgot about how much I LOVE the Page and Plant version of Kashmir circa 1994.  I saw the concert at the tender age of 16 and this track never left me.  I love Led Zeppelin and never was fussy about the original Kashmir from 1973 but THIS version is a whole other musical experience. A Rock N Roll edge with a middle eastern undertone; where Marrakesh meets Metal!. Full Mata Hari madness with a full orchestral accompaniment and ethnic instruments from Egypt. The song was originally written referring to Southern Morocco (This was despite the fact that the song is named for Kashmir, a region in the northwestern part of the Himalayas.). This song feeds my passion and love for Classic Rock , Classical Music and different cultures. 

BUY IT HERE
*They have remastered the Cd since I got mine and the Kashmir track is unavailable for single download - you must purchase the entire album.  Run Time: 12:28

LISTEN LIVE

Also,check out this cool video clip of Page& Plant in Morocco and all the elements that inspired the new arrangement of this classic rock tune!


As ALWAYS music and fashion for me go hand in hand. Some iconic Middle Eastern Style Moments:


Sex and the City 2

 Margaretha Geertruida "M'greet" Zelle McLeod (7 August 1876 – 15 October 1917), better known by the stage name Mata Hari, was a Dutch exotic dancer, courtesan, and accused spy who was executed by firing squad in France under charges of espionage for Germany during World War I. Full Middle Eastern Flair!



Yvonne De Carlo


Moroccan Picnic 1958


 Grazia UK



Paris VOGUE 2010


 VOGUE Italia 2009


What culture or music inspires your style?

No comments:

Post a Comment