Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Check It

Checkers are one of my favourite prints.  If you have been around for any of my other blog posts you will know that I love how Fashion is a wonderfully constructed web, with various individual facets, yet all interconnected. Some may say that it is a cyclical industry. What's created will always come around again but with a new take. Each decade grabs elements from the ones that came before as we move along the human time continuum.
 SHOP THIS LOOK - HERE
This 1960's Navy/Green Check Dress by Designer S. Howard Hirsch reminded me of the Louis Vuitton S/S 2012 show. The essence of the non-stop square prints in unique colors struck me. Plenty of long sleeved maxi dresses in this collection with varying print sizes. The undertone was 60's MOD for sure so it always makes me wonder where the contemporary designers get their inspiration?





Check it ... Fashion's past is ALWAYS present.

No comments:

Post a Comment