Sunday, August 31, 2014

Songstress Style: Lisa Marie Presley

Backstage Wardrobe

I have been intrigued with Lisa Marie Presley since the early 1990's and her appearance in Gianni Versace's Rock N Royalty book (1996).
Images from Rock and Royalty Book/Richard Avedon.

I saw her in the audience of Gianni's shows (as seen with Elton John Below) and pictured with the designer. This coincides with the time I fell in love with fashion. I have watched her style evolve from the days of the monochromatic Versace looks in Lime and Cobalt,

to her being habitually converse clad

and now to a more chic and polished look.
It wasn't until I heard the first tracks from her debut album "To Whom This May Concern" that I was taken by her music and her obvious talent as a singer/songwriter. I have had the pleasure of briefly meeting Lisa a few times post-show and she was always incredibly gracious, kind and charming. I gave her a Vintage cocktail ring (pictured) and a Vintage DIOR Blazer from my eBoutique. I can't WAIT to see how she styles the blazer!
I also connect with her no nonsense, no bullshit attitude. From where I sit she has the same view on fashion. She wears what she wants and does not follow "trends" or adhere to the societal style conformist notions that we are all force fed via the media. She has an affinity for CHANEL, statement cocktail rings and is also part of one of the most stylish couples in my PROFashional opinion, a topic of a future blog.  I would describe her style as rock-chic with an air of romantic classic.

On her last tour she was on the maxi dress, blazer and statement belt program and I adored it.

I also loved her in this Gucci Floral frock from Pre-Fall 2012 that she wore in an appearance in Memphis.



This look reminded my of a Vintage frock with a similar floral print.
Available HERE

As a stylist I always consider how I would dress each woman I see, for Lisa I would select the following:

Vintage 1960s Lilli Diamond Cocktail Dress with Lettuce Edge Ruffle Trim (SHOP)


Vintage Stetson Fedora, Vintage Snake Print Shirt Dress & Vintage Stretch Belt.


Vintage 70's BoHo Hat and Vintage Jumpsuit. (SHOP)

 Vintage Sequin 'Animal Print' Top (SHOP)


Vintage Black & White Printed Top (SHOP)

Vintage 60's Floral Cocktail Dress with Rhinestone Detailed Bodice (SHOP)



 Vintage Mr. Blackwell Chiffon and Floral Maxi Dress (SHOP)


Vintage 70's Chiffon Dress with Copper Pleated Skirt Accent and Copper Tone Floral Applique

 Early 60's Black Velvet Wiggle Dress with Chiffon Bodice (SHOP)

Vintage Egyptian Winged Disc Cocktail Ring (SHOP)




What's your FAV LMP look?


BUY HER ALBUM: Storm and Grace


2 comments:

  1. Wow,great observations and love your ideas on design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa Marie Presley dress

    ReplyDelete