Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Dream Dress: Yellow

Linda Evangelista 1995 In John Galliano for DIOR

Every girl has a dream gown, or in my case dream gownS. I wanted to talk about this color of yellow in relation o the now "Vintage" John Galliano gown Supermodel Linda Evangelista wore in his S/S 1995 show and again on the cover of Harpers Bazaar. He let her keep the gown which is now part of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's collection.


 “Oh, my God, this is a fairy-tale dress, and I get to wear it on the cover of and take it to the next level.” (as told to Bazaar)

"I couldn’t have imagined a more beautiful dress. I’m not even a yellow person, but wearing this was one of the most sensational things that has ever happened to me. I loved everything about it. It was sophisticated, it was flirty, it was fun. It was retro, it was modern. I do love a full-on gown where you get to see the ankle. It had every element for me."

Approximately 45 years earlier someone else had their yellow tulle gown moment. This piece if from the collection of collector Paul Brockmann, part of his 55,000 dress collection.

 Now you can have you 1950's Yellow tulle gown moment. Shop this amazing Vintage gown HERE


 Fashion has clear daily functionality but there is also a fantasy component that I have never been able to ignore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment