Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Halloween SPOOKtacular: DIY Party Treats



Part of my costume ....

Halloween is just around the corner and I wanted to share SPOOKtacular party that I hosted last year for my daughters friends before we went to trick-or-treat!! I go all out with my themed parties from the custom created invitation (below) to the decor, themed food, music and of course costumes! 

I want to share the treats that I served to my children's classes at school and to the guests at the party!


FOR THE CLASS: 

Monster Mouth Treats (Cookies Halved, Red Frosting & Mini Marshmellows)


 Gluten Free Brownies with a pound of pureed Spinach for the Kinder Class. Candy Ghoul Eyes



FOR THE PARTY:

Green Grape & Marshmallow Monster Cups
*Clear Cup
*Sharpie
*Grapes
*Large Marshmallow

Draw Monster or funny faces on the exterior of the clear cup. Easy for kids to carry and eat! A great class treat too!

Disney Themed Chocolate/Marshmallow Apples.

*Use toothpicks to affix Mickey/Minnie's Ears to the apple
*Melt chocolate (I mixed bakers & chocolate chips) and dunk your apples.
*Decorate (I rolled mine in various toppings like coconut, shaved almonds, smarties and assorted candies)
*Set on Waxed paper until solid



 and with my leftover chocolate ......

We filled treat bags with cheese pop corn and created ghost lollipops using Kleenex, a sharpie and Maleficent ribbon and offered them to guests along with colorful plastic fangs!


Spooky Jack-o-puss a top our hummus plate

I used both yellow and orange peppers to create MAC-O-Lanterns ... a macaroni and cheese edible jack-o-lantern. Clean and cut out the pepper and design your jack-o-face. Stuff with home made mac and cheese and bake in the oven until the pepper is semi soft. Serve  when cooled - the kids ATE the pepper too!



Our lemonade got a drop or two of black food coloring and was served to guests with spider and spider web ice cubes! (I used this mold)


Serve your themed food on Halloween themed ware - plates, cups and plastic goblets for your little goblins.



The Best Halloween Hostess:

You can even catch a glimpse of my spider PB&J sandwiches with pretzel legs plated in front of Kaleigh. We also served plenty of veggies and healthy foods to go along with our treats!
 My daughter was so happy to host her Ghoulfriends for a fun Halloween bash! and I was happy to create and facilitate such a fangtastic party! 






No comments:

Post a Comment