Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Gratitude

As the year comes to a close I have to say I do spend the last few days in a deep reflective mode.  Thanking everyone who has supported me this year, through this journey and expressing my gratitude wherever I can. I have had a tough year in some respects; the loss of family members, friendships coming to an end, stress in personal life and in business. No one has a perfect life but many are too focused on what is wrong rather than what is right.

I create a gratitude list for myself. It helps me truly focus on what, in this last year I am truly thankful for and to create my goals for 2013. My gratitude lists are simple. I choose 5 or 6 BIG things and write a statement for each. I also write myself a statement.

I review my list and then file it for times that I feel stuck, pissed off, or frustrated. I read it and end up feeling silly that a person or situation caused me to be upset at all and waste TIME. The most precious commodity we all have.

Are you ready to make your list? 

My List:

1a) FAMILY - My husband and children who love and support me. I am thankful for their health and who they are.
1b) Extended Family - My mom, dad, grandmother, sister, nieces and nephew. All of my cousins. I am grateful for their presence in my life which has shaped who I am.

2) FRIENDS - NEW and old. I am grateful to those who have revealed who they are through both word and deed this year.  I am grateful for the love and support I receive from the 'positive' ones.

3) CREATIVITY - Listening to my inner voice and acting on my creative impulses - win or loose - has helped me this year. May my creative cup be full and my voice never silent.

4) TIME - I am thankful for the time I have been given. Time to create, to love my family/friends, and to choose. I am thankful for my alone time and my family time.

5) NATURE - All elements of nature forever serve to inspire me. Inspire me to create, to live better and to do better.

6) CHANGE - Without change there can be no growth.


Statement: I look optimistically toward 2013 - I CHOOSE to look for the joy, the opportunities and the love. I choose to embrace it all with grace and gratitude.

BLOG GOAL: To continue to write my blog in the hopes of empowering and/or inspiring my readers. At the  very least the provision of entertainment to those who stumble upon my little digital space. 


What's on your gratitude list? Do you make resolutions or goals as a new year approaches?

No comments:

Post a Comment